Sunday 17 May 2015

Design Publication - Layout Development



Using the layout from above, from my research, I tried to replicate the grid system to be used for my publication. 



I decided on a page format first, I chose 13 x 18. It's slightly thin, but it's got a nice size to it which feels good in the hand. The plus side really is that I can print two sheets on a a4 making it cheap to make. Well, relatively.




Example test pages I made to see how the content layout. I really liked the full bleed images, they really catch your attention and I think they will do too when it's finally printed.





I really wanted to do inscriptions for the pages to make it seem more like the historic books, give it some authenticity past the superficial. 



I wanted to include chapter pages to split up the content and show my methodology through a layered process, this seemed the most obvious solution to showing the different steps.




No comments:

Post a Comment