Thursday 21 May 2015

Brief 9 Evaluation - Yorkshire Tea

Adam Garbutt

Evaluation
Brief 9 – YCN – Yorkshire Tea

Innovate around our product, and to design something (be it physical or experiential) that will engage and benefit our younger customers. It can be a packaging or format idea, a new way to drink tea, something that adds to the tea drinking experience or even a simple design tweak to our existing product.

I’ve really enjoyed working collaboratively with different people this year, and I think the fruits of this show best within the Yorkshire tea brief, we were able to get a long and bounce ideas of each other really well to develop our idea and design work without hurting one another’s feelings because we knew what we were creating wasn’t something to get precious over. The design it’s self I do wish we could have refined a little bit more, but due to deadlines and other briefs pushing for control, It’s possibly something we could develop outside of university.


I crafted most of the design elements of the box, however Ant was there to have a say in each part of that so It wasn’t as if he didn’t have a say in the parts that I did individually. I enjoyed working like this but I do prefer to have my own space and work and develop ideas in. We had to work on this brief while DBA and I was on placement which split up the thought process quite a bit and it took us some time to get back to it each time which was a disruption to the process. I think I’m a collaborative person, It’s where I work best because I have the pressure of someone else, instead of my self who I’ve only to let down if the process doesn’t go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment