Thursday 21 May 2015

BRIEF 4 - SLAB

Adam Garbutt

Evaluation
Brief 4 – Slab

My skills with presenting and photographing really helped me here with pushing the brief further than I thought I could have. I think it’s really clear here with how I’ve improved over the past two years. I think it’s really going to separate my portfolio from a lot of other peoples and I don’t mean that just for this brief but for Anona also where the photography and Art direction really made it what it is.

The production of my chocolate bars, as part of my crafting really improved dramatically through a series of trail and error. Just like how I work when I’m designing, the recipe improved the more I learned. The final products looked very professional, I consider my self a chocolatier now.

Although this brief started off bumpy while working with Daisy because we couldn’t get a clear idea of what we wanted to do, working with Grace, someone who’s proficient in making boxes really helped push the brief more than I could have on my own, because I’m not familiar with how to craft boxes and packages. The crafting quality wouldn’t have been as nearly the same without her. Collaborating sometimes is the answer when ambitions for a brief are bigger than your self.

I do feel like I could have created more products but I do believe it may have muddled it. This was one problem we had with the ice-lollies, because the brief evolved around the decisions we were making and by the end of it the ice-lollies don’t really seem to fit into the picture anymore. Which was a shame  however the products on their own look really good, it’s just when they’re part of the bigger picture that they don’t fit.

           











No comments:

Post a Comment