Monday 18 May 2015

Design Publication - Binding





The left over fabric was used to cover the book to replicate the history books from my research as well to double as a more authentic book that looks intrinsically Roman, or of age.




I had to use the clamps that where in the Blenheim print room, to squash the book, the only problem with this is that you're left with a very small gap to get to glue. This makes it really difficult to be precise since some glue gets under the book which is hard to get off. 


As well as that it's hard to get the paper all aligned properly with the clamp been horizontal since just a clip on the padding with knock it all out of line.  




I've made a big mistake.




I accidentally bound the book on the wrong spine, so I had to rip it all apart and trim the pages which had glue dried on. Although this didn't really damage the book, It wasted about an hour of my time.







This was really difficult due to get the fabric stretch without warping, so I had to pin it down, however,  removing one pin removed the tautness of it and did in fact allow it to warp some.





Really pleased with how this turned out, although the corners could have been better, It sort of adds to the character. 


No comments:

Post a Comment