Thursday 5 March 2015

LollyPop: 5th March

Due to the dissertation and placements, me and Daisy haven't communicated in a long time regarding Solli and we through it'd be about time to come back to it now that theres time to develop it.

We came up with the name Slab, we needed to visit our concept because we both weren't really sure what we wanted it to be or where it should be going. Slab is in reference to the shape as well as the portion you get. A big amount, however it reminded me of Slabs of chocolate. I thought it'd be a great direction for us to go with the Ice lollies, is if along side them you could buy chocolate bars, or chocolate dipped ice lollies. The marbling idea came from looking at examples of marbled chocolate on the Hotel Chocolat webpage. I really liked the effect although I would like to create something my self which was more subtler. 




I mocked up how I imagined the lollies would possibly look like, the logo typeface for Slab came from a happy accident. I was trying out different typefaces in my font book and I came across a trail font I had acquired awhile ago. GT Sectra, now I don't normally go for decorative fonts, but this one just really hit the nail on the head, the characters had a lot of strength. Combined with the chocolate imagery, it really caught my attention. This is the brand I wanted to create.



I looked into how else we could expand this, however I have a feeling now that the ice lollies may seem misplaced.



Daisy told me she might not have time for what we are wanting to create so she will no longer be collaborating on this brief – however, Grace has taken her place since she expressed a lot of interest in the concept of Slab.


No comments:

Post a Comment