Monday 16 March 2015

HSC Map - 16th March

I thought possibly using an isometric rendering would perhaps be the best way to overcome the problem of distance, by being able to hide the length of the streets behind roads, but then I realised it'd have to detailed and doing this would mean a lot of it would be lost when it's compressed down. Also there's the factor of not having all the much time to complete this. This didn't seem the smartest route to take.



A perspective more like this seemed the more sensible direction as I'm able to fit everything on.


I attempted to create icons which weren't exactly flat, but not 3D either. I thought they looked a bit too childish so, they didn't happen.




Instead I attempted to create grand arcade from a front perspective. This was a lot more successful and ended up being the look I kept with in the next post.



I really liked the idea of using the white to create a detail in the drawings for things such as windows and clouds. This really finished it off.




Fitting in some test copy, Andy warned me there might be quite a bit to each one so I tried to frame the map to have some room around it, as well as for future illustrations,


No comments:

Post a Comment