Friday 7 November 2014

Scott Pilgrim: Development

To come up with the visuals for the Scott Pilgrim poster, I played the movie and drew out what I thought appeared to be the most visually striking things on screen. What I drew was a lot of the kapow signs that I researched because they ultimately are what make the film so different. 

I didn't really want to draw the people simply because Michael Cera, the main character, really could be any of his characters in the past he's played because of his lack of visual diversity.


Although the colours here are rather vivid, I needed them to be to stand out against the white so I could work into them more later on. There wasn't really any system, I was simply drawing what I thought looked the most striking and interesting.

























No comments:

Post a Comment