Wednesday 22 October 2014

DR.ME Post-Workshop

DR.ME couldn't have come at a better time, and I'm really happy they did. They really liked the work that me and Mel collaborated on and It gave me a sizeable boast in self belief after talking to them about approaching bands and how they acquired their clients.

I decided to take it along to a concert later that night at the Belgrave Music Hall for one of my favourite musicians, Al Doyle from Hot Chip. His band, New Build,  launched their tour for their new album Pour it on that night coincidentally. I wanted to approach Al and see if I could get involved with his promotional work.

 However I bottled it when I saw him, I was a little star struck. It was for the better however, because a indie band without really much of a identity Technology + Teamwork came on to play before hand. So I decided to approach them with this piece from the DR.ME workshop with my details on the back because I didn't have a business card on hand.


They both seemed really friendly and liked the idea, so I hope something can become of this. I doubt they will anytime soon though with their tour just starting so I'm going to try and make contact to keep the ball rolling, however I'm not sure through what. 



No comments:

Post a Comment