Thursday 16 October 2014

Annona bakery – Development Initial



I choose Baskerville as my typeface initially because It has all the elements I was after, and what I had discovered through my research into various different elements of inscriptions and so forth.



I included a cornucopia show it's links to the past, however I think it confused it a bit too much.



Baskerville has really weird spacing between the A and the N, I can't figure out why but it's the same with all other Baskerville fonts I've downloaded. 

I tried to make it appear chiseled, I actually loved the look of this. However I don't think it's appropriate to the look I'm trying to achieve. I do like it still though. I find it strange that the fonts recreated to look like the chiseled typefaces don't really carry the same power that they do when carved in stone. It's interesting to see how much strength a typeface gets when you add this sense of depth to it.



These aren't web mock-ups, I was simply using these as a guide to figuring out how to balance the patterns I'd made with colour and type. I colour swatches these from the examples I have made from before, which are now coming in very useful. 




The Patterns where inspired by the photographs that Grace had taken for me, which are coming in very handy now in terms of colour choice and pattern design.



No comments:

Post a Comment