Thursday 11 December 2014

Anona Bakery - British Museum Archive

The British Museum, unbeknownst to me when I visited, had an online archive of the artifacts from its collections. This has some vital artifacts I wish I had discovered before hand.

Roman bread stamps, were used the leave an impression on the bread to signify the baker’s mark. Much like today how breads have different brands. I thought this would be incredibly useful in terms of creating a point of difference within the Anona brand. An example of this mark can be found on the Pompeiian bread which was carbonised.





I used this website to trawl in search of items that would be relevant to the Anona bakery. Specifically, every day items that might be good for items in the background, mosaics, various other items that would help me create a idea of the surrounding culture to ancient Rome, creating the bigger picture.
























No comments:

Post a Comment